Judy Inc. makeup artist Michelle Rosen gives moms the low-down on how to perfect the cat eye look:
A gel eyeliner applied with an angled brush works best, but you can use an eyeliner pencil if you’d prefer.
* Start in the middle of your upper lid, drawing a line as close to your lashes as possible.
* From the inner corner of your eye, draw a line toward the line you just finished.
Read more: Pretty party makeup in just six minutes>
* To create the signature cat-eye “wing”, draw a line from the last lash outwards. You can decide on the length and angle.
* After completing the “wing,” draw a line back to your upper lash line. This should create a slim, empty triangle on your upper lid.
* Fill the triangle with the gel liner or eyeliner pencil.
* Finish the look with two to three coats of mascara.
A version of this article appeared in our February 2014 issue with the headline "Pretty simple," p. 30.
Keep up with your baby's development, get the latest parenting content and receive special offers from our partners