Judy Inc. makeup artist Michelle Rosen gives moms the low-down on how to perfect the cat eye look:
A gel eyeliner applied with an angled brush works best, but you can use an eyeliner pencil if you’d prefer.
* Start in the middle of your upper lid, drawing a line as close to your lashes as possible.
* From the inner corner of your eye, draw a line toward the line you just finished.
Read more: Pretty party makeup in just six minutes>
* To create the signature cat-eye “wing”, draw a line from the last lash outwards. You can decide on the length and angle.
* After completing the “wing,” draw a line back to your upper lash line. This should create a slim, empty triangle on your upper lid.
* Fill the triangle with the gel liner or eyeliner pencil.
* Finish the look with two to three coats of mascara.
A version of this article appeared in our February 2014 issue with the headline “Pretty simple,” p. 30.No Comments