1. Cleanse. A cream cleanser is best because it gently cleans and can be rinsed off—or even wiped off with a tissue.
2. Tone. A hydrating toning mist replenishes moisture while adding critical antioxidants to help firm skin and protect it from aging.
3. Moisturize. This finishing step provides the essential water-oil balance that nourishes and hydrates.
1 + 2. Cleanse + Scrub. Combine a powder-based exfoliant with your favourite cleanser twice a week to slough off dead skin cells. Your skin will be clean and bright in no extra time.
4. Serum. Layer a serum under your moisturizer to target specific skin concerns, such as dark spots.
1 + 2. Cleanse + Scrub.
3. Mask. The right mask can detoxify, brighten, tighten and hydrate skin. With your fingertips, apply a thin layer to your entire face. Leave on for 10 minutes, then rinse off with warm water. Bonus: You’ll be nicely relaxed for bed.
Nighttime skincare can seem like a hassle when all you want to do is hit the pillow, but these three quick upgrades can be done in seconds. And guess what? They’ll make you look even more awake tomorrow.
If you have 30 more seconds: Use an eye cream. The skin around the eyes is the thinnest on your face, so it’s the first spot to show the signs of fatigue and aging. Formulated specifically for this delicate area, most eye creams are made of active ingredients (like vitamins C and E) to help diminish fine lines, sagging and dark circles.
If you have 45 more seconds: Spread on serum. Serums are so important—and trendy right now—because they’re made up of smaller molecules that penetrate much deeper into the skin for better results, like promoting collagen and diminishing fine lines and age spots. Since most serums are water based (lighter than most moisturizers), they’re perfect for acne-prone skin.
If you have 60 more seconds: Scrub it twice a week. Exfoliation removes dead skin cells, which can cause blocked pores (and lead to acne), and promotes skin renewal and cell regrowth. It also opens pores to allow the other products you use on your face to penetrate more deeply. Best of all: It leaves you with a healthy, rosy glow.
Keep up with your baby's development, get the latest parenting content and receive special offers from our partners