1. A good-quality foundation can double as concealer. Once you’ve applied your base, dab a bit more under your eyes or on any spots.
Where to buy: Charlotte Tilbury LIGHT WONDER Youth Boosting Skin Foundation, $58, holtrenfrew.com
2. An eyeshadow palette with a mix of neutral shades is perfect for everyday (or night).
Where to buy: Maybelline The Blushed Nude collection eyeshadow palette, $17, shoppersdrugmart.ca
3. Instead of messy eyebrow pencils or powder, swipe on brow mascara for easy instant volume and colour.
Where to buy: Just Browsing Brush-on Styling Mousse, $19, clinque.ca
4. Speed up your morning blow-dry with a thermal spray that cuts your drying time in half. Bonus: It extends your style for days.
Where to buy: Blowout, $24, livingproof.com
5. Stick it to your cheeks for quick, blendable colour.
Where to buy: Tarte Cheek Stain, $36, sephora.com
6. A lip stain gives instant colour that lasts all day. The best part? You don’t have to be precise when you apply it.
Where to buy: Wet N Wild Lip Tint balm, $4, loblaws.ca
7. Focus mascara on the roots to help eyelashes hold their curl all day long.
Where to buy: Covergirl The Super Sizer by LashBlast Mascara, $7, walmart.ca
A version of this article appeared in our October 2015 issue with the headline, "Morning rush," p. 40.