1. A good-quality foundation can double as concealer. Once you’ve applied your base, dab a bit more under your eyes or on any spots.
Where to buy: Charlotte Tilbury LIGHT WONDER Youth Boosting Skin Foundation, $58, holtrenfrew.com
2. An eyeshadow palette with a mix of neutral shades is perfect for everyday (or night).
Where to buy: Maybelline The Blushed Nude collection eyeshadow palette, $17, shoppersdrugmart.ca
3. Instead of messy eyebrow pencils or powder, swipe on brow mascara for easy instant volume and colour.
Where to buy: Just Browsing Brush-on Styling Mousse, $19, clinque.ca
4. Speed up your morning blow-dry with a thermal spray that cuts your drying time in half. Bonus: It extends your style for days.
Where to buy: Blowout, $24, livingproof.com
5. Stick it to your cheeks for quick, blendable colour.
Where to buy: Tarte Cheek Stain, $36, sephora.com
6. A lip stain gives instant colour that lasts all day. The best part? You don’t have to be precise when you apply it.
Where to buy: Wet N Wild Lip Tint balm, $4, loblaws.ca
7. Focus mascara on the roots to help eyelashes hold their curl all day long.
Where to buy: Covergirl The Super Sizer by LashBlast Mascara, $7, walmart.ca
A version of this article appeared in our October 2015 issue with the headline, “Morning rush,” p. 40.
Stay in touch
Subscribe to Today's Parent's daily newsletter for our best parenting news, tips, essays and recipes.