1. Glow Yoga Kids Looking to host a relatively calm birthday? Kids aged two to 17 can bliss out at a Glow Yoga Kids birthday party at your home or local park. Yoga games, poses, breathing exercises, music and dancing make up the first hour, while the final 15 minutes are spent making a piece of art. Parental participation is part of the party for the two to-three-year-old set, while the four-to-10-year-olds get a more independent yoga adventure and the 11-to-17-year-olds relax and hang out with their buddies while being led through poses by a fun facilitator. Yoga set themes include Outer Space, PJ Party and GlowGa (glow-in-the-dark yoga), though they are happy to incorporate your child’s interests, too. Glow Yoga provides all of the materials, props and mats, and the cost is $125 for up to 12 kids.
Start planning: 780-905-9532 glowyogakids.com>
2. Clay for Kids If you’ve got a little artist aged four to 13, then a pottery-making party at your home will satisfy her creative itch. At a Clay for Kids at-home party, 10 kids will get step-by-step instructions on how to make a one-of-a-kind piece of art—you choose the project ahead of time. Then it’s time for a demonstration of how a pottery wheel works, and the birthday child gets to make something on the wheel. Plus, she gets a Clay for Kids apron! Depending on the package you choose, after the clay creations are complete, they’re either painted with slip glaze, which will make them shiny, or fired at Clay for Kids’ studio to be painted later. Projects are then returned to the guests, and if they weren’t slip-glazed, the kids are given a paintbrush and paint pot so they can decorate their work of art later. The cost for the slip-glaze option is $250, while the paint-pot option is $200.
Start planning: 780-487-2874 clayforkidsedmonton.com>
3. Enchanted Parties If your child is fascinated by princesses, monstrous high-schoolers or little girls with talking backpacks, then Enchanted Parties has the package for you. Depending upon which option you choose, activities include games, mini-makeovers, crafts and face painting. And all the activities are led by your kid’s favourite characters, including Dora, Queen Elsa, Tinkerbell and more. Aside from set packages, Enchanted Parties is also happy to work with parents to create a custom party experience.
Start planning: 780-267-6310 enchantedparties.ca>
4. Miss Maryana’s Parties An Olympics party, science-themed bashes and a pizza-making shindig are just a few of the options available from Miss Maryana’s Parties, which was founded by a pre-kindergarten teacher. All of the themes involve tons of interactive fun, like making an instrument in the Tots and Tunes party or experimenting with kid-friendly chemicals in the Mad Scientists party. Face painting is an add-on that’s available, too. And depending on the theme you pick, the staff member leading the activities may be able to speak French or Ukrainian! All parties are approximately an hour in length and range from $120 to $290.
Start planning: 780-819-3147 missmaryanasparties.com>
5. Children’s Party Entertainers Whether you want a complete magic show with bunnies or balloon animals, glitter tattoos and face painting to add to the fun, Children’s Party Entertainers has you covered! Birthday magic shows start at $250 for up to 16 kids, who get to enjoy a basic show and balloon animals, and go up to $450 for as many as 30 children to see a magic show with live bunnies. Don’t worry, there’s scheduled petting time with the little hoppers.
Start planning: 780-966-3096 edmontonpartymagic.ca>
6. Edmonton Reptile Parties Bring some creepy-crawly fun to your child’s birthday with one of two packages from Edmonton Reptile Parties. The basic show is one hour, costs $145 for up to 10 kids and features six to eight reptiles, an educational presentation and a Q&A session so the kids can ask questions about their favourite cold-blooded critters. Of course there's time built in for your kids to interact with all their scaly new friends. The VIP package is $180 and offers all of the same features, but also includes a few extra animals, a reptile-themed gift, and the birthday child gets their picture taken holding one of the creatures. Edmonton Reptile Parties then sends them the photos and a T-shirt with the picture on it!
Keep up with your baby's development, get the latest parenting content and receive special offers from our partners