You know that cake in your freezer—the one you sneak bites of when the rest of the family is asleep? It can be so much more than just a guilty pleasure. But don’t give up your secret indulgence, buy a couple of Deep’n Delicious cakes for special occasions.
Turn this Canadian classic into event-worthy desserts with these easy no-bake recipes.
Peanut and Pretzel Chocolate Sundae
This sweet-and-salty Deep’n Delicious chocolate sundae is an ice cream lover’s dream.
4 cups (1 L) vanilla ice cream
1 (510 g) McCain Deep’n Delicious® Chocolate Cake, cut into cubes and thawed
½ cup (125 mL) whipped cream
½ cup (125 mL) chocolate sauce, warmed
½ cup (125 mL) roasted peanuts
½ cup (125 m) crushed pretzels
8 cherries, strawberries or raspberries (optional)
- Scoop ice cream into serving dishes. Top with cubes of McCain Deep’n Delicious Chocolate Cake, whipped cream, chocolate sauce, peanuts and pretzels.
- Garnish each sundae with a cherry, strawberry or raspberry (if using).
Tip: Add a drizzle of warm caramel sauce or dulce de leche for an over-the-top sundae.
Birthday Cake Pops
These are a fun, festive way to make everyone their own mini birthday celebration on a stick. Use whichever Deep‘n Delicious cake and chocolate combination you prefer!
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Makes 14 servings
- Scrape 1/3 of the frosting from the top of the cake. Save for another use.
- Crumble cake and remaining frosting into a bowl. Beat with hand mixer on medium speed just until crumbled.
- Roll mixture into 1 1/4-inch (3 cm) balls and transfer to parchment lined baking trays.
- Dip the tips of the lollipop sticks into melted white chocolate and insert into each ball.
- Place in freezer for 5 mins or until chocolate is set and balls are firm.
- Dip cake pops into chocolate, gently shaking off excess. Garnish with sprinkles. Freeze for 5 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- For adults replace the round sprinkles with toasted desiccated coconut.
- Store cake pops in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Coconut Vanilla Cake with Caramelized Pineapple
How do you make a McCain Deep’n Delicious Coconut Vanilla Cake even tastier? You add caramelized pineapple of course!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Makes 8 servings
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 can pineapple rings
1 (510g) McCain® Deep’n Delicious Coconut Vanilla Cake, thawed
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat. Whisk in brown sugar. Stir until mixture is evenly combined and liquid.
- Lower heat to medium-low. Working in batches, place pineapple slices in mixture. Cook until caramelized, about 2 minutes per side.
- Remove pineapple from pan and place on a plate. Reserve caramel sauce left in pan.
- Divide McCain Deep’n Delicious Coconut Vanilla Cake into 8 equal portions.
- Slice 2 caramelized pineapple rings into quarters. Place a pineapple piece in the middle of each cake portion.
- Serve cake with caramelized pineapple slices and pour over remaining sauce.
Giant Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
A summer treat that’s perfect to chill out with, sandwich creamy vanilla ice cream between two decadent Deep’n Delicious chocolate cakes to create a giant ice cream treat that kids of all ages are sure to love.
Prep time: 6 hours
Cook time: 0 minutes
Makes 8 to 10 servings
2 McCain Chocolate Deep’n Delicious cakes
1 L vanilla ice cream
60ml white chocolate chips
- Remove one McCain Chocolate Deep’n Delicious cake from cake tin. Place cake on a sheet pan, scrape off icing, set aside. Freeze cake.
- Clean cake tin and line with plastic wrap.
- Slightly thaw ice cream. Using a large metal spoon, press ice cream into cake tin, freeze for a minimum of 6 hours.
- Remove the cake one from the freezer. Remove ice cream slab from cake tin and place on top of cake.
- Remove cake two from cake tin and place on top of the ice cream layer.
- Run a palette knife under hot water and smooth around the sides of the cake.
- Garnish with white chocolate chips.
Deep’n Delicious Jar Cakes
Keep cool with this simple dessert that’s ready in a flash. Jar cakes featuring McCain Deep’n Delicious Marble Cake are quick and easy to prepare, making them the ultimate sweet summer treat.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
1 McCain Deep’n Delicious Marble Cake
4 250mL wide mouth mason jars
1 cup chopped strawberries
2 cups whipped cream
- Using a circle cutter, cut 4 circles that are the diameter of your jars from the McCain Deep’n Delicious Marble Cake.
- Place the pieces at the bottom of each jar. Divide strawberries among the 4 jars. Top each one with a swirl of whipped cream.
- Cut 4 2-inch by 2-inch pieces from the remaining cake. Garnish each jar cake with the cake pieces by nestling them into the whipped cream.