Originally published in the Today’s Parent September 2014 issue. Photo by Erik Putz.
Zucchini and Feta FrittataBy Eshun Mott
Simple and delicious, this healthy and wholesome frittata is perfect as a snack or meal.
- 6 large egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups zucchini , coarsely grated
- 1 tbsp mint , chopped
- 1 tsp garlic , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup feta , crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350F. Generously grease 8 wells of a non-stick muffin pan with oil (or use silicone liners).
- Combine zucchini, mint and garlic. Add crumbled feta cheese.
- Beat eggs, cream, salt and pepper together until uniform. Add vegetables. Divide between prepared wells of muffin pan.
- Bake for 15 min or until eggs are set on the sides. Turn broiler to high and broil for 2 min, or until set and lightly golden.
Frittata should be sent to school chilled, with an ice pack to keep it cold, or heated up in the morning and stored in a Thermos.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 6 g,
- 2 g,
- 7 g,
- 0 g,
- 227 mg.