Yellow Pearl Couscous with Edamame
4 Adult Sized Servings
* PLUS Cooking time: 15 minutes, Standing time: 5 minutes
This Yellow Pearl Couscous with Edamame recipe is the perfect vegetarian side dish. Recipe by Eshun Mott.
1 1/3 cups
, (sometimes called pearl couscous or maftoul)
, rinsed with warm water to defrost
- Heat oil in a saucepan over mediumhigh. Add the couscous and cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 min or until lightly toasted.
- Add turmeric and cinnamon and sauté 1 min longer. Add water, honey, salt and orange zest and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for 7 to 8 min or until the couscous is almost cooked.
- Add edamame and cook for 2 min longer or until just tender and the liquid is absorbed. Remove pot from heat.
- Let couscous stand, partially covered, for 5 min.
- Add parsley and fluff with a fork.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 10 g,
- 49 g,
- 5 g,
- 4 g,
- 447 mg.