Vegetarian Pasta Carbonara with Peas
By Today's Parent
4 Adult Sized Servings
* PLUS Cooking time: 10 minutes
Recipe by Eshun Mott, Photo by Maya Visnyei
Looking for a quick and easy meat-free meal? This vegetarian pasta carbonara is the answer.
, (fresh or frozen)
finely grated smoked white
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 min or until al dente. Drain, reserving about ½ cup
pasta cooking water.
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add peas and cook for 2 min or until tender and bright green. Drain.
- Beat eggs in a large serving bowl. Stir in grated cheese and black pepper.
- Add ¼ cup of reserved pasta cooking water in a slow steady stream (while stirring). Add hot pasta and use tongs to toss together until noodles are coated in sauce, adding a little extra pasta water to loosen if desired.
- Stir in peas, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 33 g,
- 97 g,
- 17 g,
- 8 g,
- 519 mg.