Originally published in the Today’s Parent October 2014 issue
Triple-Cranberry and Maple CompoteBy Eshun Mott
Move over, canned cranberries! This simple-as-anything gourmet compote will be the star of your holiday feast from now on.
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3/4 cup cranberry juice , (100% juice blend)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Combine fresh or frozen cranberries and cranberry juice in a heavy pot over medium heat. Cover and cook for 4 min, or until cranberries have begun to split open.
- Add dried cranberries and maple syrup and cook, stirring, for 5 min, or until compote has thickened
Nutrition (per serving)
- 0 g,
- 22 g,
- 0 g,
- 2 g,
- 5 mg.