This recipe for vegetarian spinach squares is inexplicably popular with kids who wouldn't otherwise choke down a spinach leaf.
- 3 eggs , lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 cups raw spinach , coarsely chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Measure all the ingredients into a bowl – the larger the better. Hand your child a wooden spoon and have her mix everything until evenly combined. If necessary, give the mixture a stir yourself (when she’s not looking) just to make sure. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 in.(22 x 33 cm) baking pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the top is golden and the mixture is slightly puffed.
- Cut into squares and serve hot or at room temperature.