Originally published in the May + June 2018 issue. Photo by Erik Putz.
Speedy TortelliniBy Chatelaine
4 to 6 servings
Fresh, cheese-filled tortellini is your dinnertime solution. Try it in this easy tomato and spinach sauce for your fastest dinner act yet.
- 350 g fresh cheese tortellini
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion , chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- 680-mL jar passata
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta following package directions. Reserve ½ cup pasta water before draining.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium. Add onion, garlic and salt, and cook until softened, about 5 min.
- Add passata and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until sauce is thickened, about 12 min.
- Stir in pasta, spinach, Parmesan and basil until spinach is just wilted, about 1 min. Add a splash of pasta water if sauce needs thinning out. Garnish with more Parmesan.
Don’t waste a drop of that delicious tomato flavour! Swirl 2 tbsp water around in a nearly empty pasta bottle and add to sauce.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 14 g,
- 38 g,
- 13 g,
- 3 g,
- 903 mg.