Speedy Gonzales Vegetable Chili
This article has not been rated yet.
Done before you can get the table set. No kidding.
- 1 796-mL can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups salsa , (any kind)
- 1 540-mL can black beans , rinsed and drained
- 3 cups frozen mixed veggies , (any mixture)
- 1 tbsp Mexican chili powder
- shredded cheddar , or Monterey jack
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, mix together the diced tomatoes (with all the juice from the can), salsa, beans, frozen veggies and chili powder. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then cover and let simmer for about 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper (and, if you like, a dash of hot pepper sauce).
- Ladle into bowls and serve sprinkled with shredded cheese, accompanied by some good bread or spooned over hot cooked rice.