Originally published in the Today’s Parent August 2014 issue.
Simple Summer SandwichBy Eshun Mott
4 adult servings
Dinner (or lunch) in five minutes? This simple, healthy and vegetarian summer sandwich comes together in a flash.
- 4 slices rustic bread , toasted
- 1 heritage tomato , sliced
- 4 basil leaves
- 1 medium avocado , sliced
- 4 small bocconcini , balls, sliced
- 4 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- pinch salt , optional
- pinch hot-pepper flakes , optional
- Top each slice of toasted bread with tomato, basil, avocado and bocconcini, and drizzle with a tsp of olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and chili flakes, if using.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 8 g,
- 17 g,
- 18 g,
- 5 g,
- 109 mg.