Originally published in the January + February 2018 issue. Photo by Erik Putz.
Sheet Pan Sesame Tofu and VeggiesBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
The key to delicious tofu is in the prep—it must be patted dry and pressed. When marinated and baked with veggies, this easy weeknight recipe is top notch.
- ⅓ cup rice vinegar
- 2 ½ tbsp brown sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 350-g pkg extra-firm tofu , patted dry, pressed and cut into 8 slices
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 12 mini peppers
- 2 170-g pkg oyster mushrooms , cut ¼-in thick
- 3 cups green beans
- 1 tbsp chili-garlic sauce , optional
- Position racks in top and bottom thirds of oven, then preheat to 400F. Set aside 2 baking sheets.
- Whisk vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic and ginger in a casserole dish. Reserve ¼ cup of this marinade for drizzling. Add tofu to casserole dish and let stand 15 min, turning often. Remove tofu and divide between baking sheets.
- Whisk oil into remaining marinade in casserole dish. Add peppers, tossing to coat, and divide between sheets. Repeat with mushrooms. Roast 10 min. Divide beans between sheets, then switch racks. Roast until beans are tender-crisp, 10 min.
- Divide reserved marinade between sheets, tossing to coat. Spoon chili-garlic sauce over tofu, if desired. Serve with rice or roasted spaghetti squash.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 18 g,
- 29 g,
- 19 g,
- 5 g,
- 410 mg.