Sheet Pan Black Bean and Sweet Potato HashBy Chatelaine
This recipe can be anything you want it to be: Serve it as is, top it with a fried egg, throw it on top of rice with shredded chicken or make a burrito.
- 1 large sweet potato , peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 green pepper , seeded and cut into large chunks
- ½ red onion , cut into large chunks
- 1 cup frozen corn niblets
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp each dried cumin, coriander and garlic powder
- 540-mL can black beans , drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar , or lime juice
- chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 eggs , fried
- Preheat oven to 425F and spray a large rimmed baking sheet with oil.
- Stir sweet potato, pepper, onion, corn, oil, chili powder, salt, cumin, coriander and garlic on the baking sheet. Spread evenly and roast until vegetables are tender and edges are golden, about 15 min.
- Stir in beans, vinegar and cilantro, then divide mixture among four plates. Top each with a fried egg.
- Swap out corn for frozen edamame or frozen peas.
- Serve with Greek yogurt and avocado slices for extra protein and fibre.
- Roll veggie mixture into tortillas, top with fried eggs or scrambled eggs and salsa for a quick burrito.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 16 g,
- 49 g,
- 15 g,
- 12 g,
- 952 mg.
- Good source of
- vitamin A