Roasted vegetable Buddha bowl sheet pan
By Eshun Mott
This article has not been rated yet.
Photo: Roberto Caruso
There's nothing better than roasted veggies—especially when they're seasoned to perfection. Toss in a quick tahini dressing and you've got dinner!
, scrubbed and sliced 1/3-in. thick
1 tsp + pinch
, drained, rinsed well and patted dry
, (centre ribs removed)
, pitted, peeled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Toss sweet potatoes with 2 tbsp olive oil, chili powder and 1/2 tsp salt in a large bowl. Transfer to baking sheet and roast 5 min.
- Meanwhile, toss Brussels sprouts with 1 tbsp olive oil and 1/4 tsp salt. Add, cut-side down, to pan with sweet potatoes. Roast for 25 min, or until browned and tender. Remove Brussels sprouts and set aside. Flip sweet potatoes.
- Toss chickpeas with 1 tbsp olive oil, paprika, cumin and 1/4 tsp salt. Add to pan with sweet potatoes. Roast for 15 min.
- Massage kale with remaining 1 tbsp olive oil and remaining pinch salt. Add to pan with sweet potatoes. Roast for 5 min, or until edges of kale are crisp.
- For dressing, whisk tahini with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Thin with water, if necessary. Serve roasted vegetables with avocado over rice or another grain and drizzled with dressing.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 15 g,
- 61 g,
- 38 g,
- 19 g,
- 840 mg.
- Excellent source of
Originally published in the Today’s Parent September/October 2019 issue. Photo by Roberto Caruso.