Originally published in the Today’s Parent January/February 2020 issue. Photo by Erik Putz.
Roasted red pepper hummus pastaBy Chatelaine
Like a creamy alfredo with way less cream, this hearty dish is rich in protein and flavour.
- 200 g rigatoni pasta
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 broccoli crowns , cut into florets (6 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups store-bought marinara sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup store-bought roasted red pepper hummus
- 1/2 cup 10% cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley , (optional)
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water and then drain.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add oil, then broccoli. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender-crisp, 3 to 4 min. Stir in marinara, pasta water and salt. Cook until broccoli is just tender, 2 to 3 min. Stir in hummus and cream until sauce is warmed through.
- Add drained pasta to sauce and toss until combined. Divide among bowls. Sprinkle with Parmesan and parsley.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 17 g,
- 57 g,
- 12 g,
- 7 g,
- 701 mg.
- Excellent source of