Roasted Red Pepper and Cheese Crustless Quiche
Kids will love this quiche, plus they can help Mom or Dad prepare it. They can chop peppers and shred cheese, and older children can use an electric beater (with adult supervision, of course) to beat eggs.
1 1/2 cups
, Asiago or Swiss cheese
roasted red peppers
, (from a jar is fine)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 9 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded sharp cheddar, Asiago or Swiss cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced roasted red peppers (from a jar is fine)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Preheat the over to 350°C (190°F). Grease a 10 in (25 cm) pie pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until very fluffy and almost doubled in volume – 3 or 4 minutes. Add the flour mixture and beat until just blended. Add the cheddar (or whatever), ricotta and Parmesan cheeses and beat very briefly. Finally, stir in the diced red peppers and green onions. Transfer to the prepared pie pan and put into the oven. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until nicely puffed, lightly browned and a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean. Let sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes before serving.