Originally published in the Today’s Parent Summer 2017 issue. Photo by Erik Putz.
Rainbow Veggie Quinoa BowlBy Chatelaine
There's a lot going on in this quinoa bowl. But crispy apple, shredded carrots, beets and a hard-boiled egg all get along nicely with the herb dressing.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 4 cups loosely packed mixed baby greens
- 4 medium hard-boiled eggs , halved
- 1 cup shredded beets
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 apple , quartered, cored and sliced
- ¼ cup roasted unsalted sunflower seeds , optional
- ½ cup Balkan-style plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup chopped mixed herbs such as parsley, chives, thyme and basil
- Cook quinoa following package directions, 15 to 17 min. Fluff with fork.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients, except herbs, until smooth. Stir in herbs.
- Divide quinoa among four bowls. Top each with greens, 1 egg, beets, carrots, apple, and sunflower seeds, if desired. Serve with Yogurt Herb Dressing.
For creamy medium-boiled eggs, lower eggs into a pot of boiling water and cook for 8 min. Drain, then rinse in cold water.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 15 g,
- 47 g,
- 17 g,
- 7 g,
- 310 mg.
- Good source of
- Vitamin B12