Recipe excerpt taken from Rainbow Food by Linda Louis, with permission from Firefly Books. Photo by Linda Louis.
Rainbow pizzaBy Today's Parent
1 h 35 min
Wow your family with the colour gradient made by red cabbage, peppers and broccoli. Loaded with texture and flavour, your kids have never seen a pizza like this.
- 1 pizza dough
- 1 large piece red cabbage
- 1 red pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 1/2 yellow pepper
- 1 small head broccoli
- 1/4 cup whole grain mustard
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- Finely slice the red cabbage. Put it in a bowl with the salt and mix well. Leave to rest while you prepare the other ingredients. This helps soften the cabbage.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Cut the peppers lengthwise into quarters. Remove and discard the stems and seeds. Place the peppers on a sheet pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the peel is lightly browned. Transfer to a bowl and cover with a plate. Once the peppers have cooled, peel them and cut them into thin strips, around 1⁄2 inch (1 cm) wide.
- Boil or steam the broccoli for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Roll out the pizza dough on a floured surface. Place it on a floured pizza pan. Coat with mustard.
- Arrange the broccoli in the middle. Add the yellow peppers around in a circle, and then the orange pepper, followed by the red pepper and the red cabbage. Sprinkle the feta cheese and thyme on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Serve immediately with a green salad.