Puffy Pear Pancake
* PLUS Cooking time: 8 minutes, Baking time: 14 minutes
This puffy pear pancake is so easy—it's made in the oven! Kids will love it.
peeled, cored and sliced Bartlett
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine eggs, milk, flour, sugar, ground ginger and salt in a blender and process until smooth and uniform, scraping sides as needed. Set aside.
- Heat butter in a 9- or 10-in. heavy ovenproof skillet over medium-high. Add prepared Bartlett pears and brown sugar and sauté for 8 min or until pears are tender and lightly caramelized. Sprinkle with lemon juice and toss to combine.
- Remove pan from heat, pour batter around and over pears, place in oven and bake for 14 min or until browned and puffed at the edges.
- Combine ½ tsp cinnamon and 1 tbsp powdered sugar and dust overtop pancake. Cut into wedges and serve warm.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 10 g,
- 44 g,
- 18 g,
- 3 g,
- 371 mg.
If you don’t have whole milk you can just add a splash of cream to low-fat milk to enrich it.