Originally published in the Today’s Parent November/December 2020 issue. Recipe excerpted from Dinner, Uncomplicated: Fixing a Delicious Meal Every Night of the Week by Claire Tansey. Published by Page Two Books, Inc. (Sept. 15, 2020). Photo by Suech and Beck.
Pasta fagioliBy Today's Parent
This article has not been rated yet.
2 to 3 servings
Add tiny pasta shapes and tomato paste to some batch-cooked beans for a classic rustic Italian dish.
- 4 cups Brothy Bean recipe , (thawed)
- 156-mL can tomato paste
- 1 cup small pasta , (such as ditalini)
- extra-virgin olive oil
- grated Parmesan
- Gently stir Brothy Beans (thawed) with a tomato paste in a medium pot. Heat over medium until simmering gently, crushing the carrots, celery and garlic that are in the beans.
- In a separate pot, cook small pasta (such as ditalini) in boiling, salted water, until just tender. Drain, then add to the bean mixture and simmer for 1 minute.
- Serve drizzled with extra-virgin olive oil and grated Parmesan.
Brothy bean recipe
Get the Brothy Bean recipe here.