Olive and Artichoke Toasts
This article has not been rated yet.
Here's a perfect starter for your TV dinner. Assemble the toasts ahead of time, and pop them into the oven while you're fighting over who gets to sit beside Mom on the couch. By the time you finish squabbling, the toasts will be ready.
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup olives , (the mild kind from a can), pitted, sliced
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts , drained and chopped
- 1 baguette , cut into 1/4-in. slices
- Preheat the oven to 475°F (250 °C).
- In a bowl, have your child mix together the Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, sliced olives and chopped artichoke hearts. If your kids object to either olives or artichokes, just leave the offending ingredient out and double up on the other one.
- Spread a little of this mixture onto each slice of baguette. Arrange slices on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 4 to 6 minutes, or until the top is bubbly and beginning to brown.