Mushroom rice bowl
This article has not been rated yet.
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain brown rice
- 2 cups bell-pepper salsa
- 2 tsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 grilled and sliced portobello mushrooms
- 170-g pkg snow peas , trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 grated carrots
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- cilantro , to garnish
- COOK rice according to package directions, omitting salt, in a medium saucepan.
- WHIRL bell-pepper salsa with white balsamic vinegar and salt in a food processor until finely chopped. Reserve 1⁄4 cup. Stir remaining mixture into cooked rice until combined.
- HEAT a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add grilled and sliced portobello mushrooms and cook until warmed through, 2 to 3 min.
- DIVIDE rice among 4 bowls. Top with mushrooms, snow peas and carrots. Sprinkle with feta, remaining salsa and cilantro leaves.
Chatelaine Quickies: French onion macaroni and cheese
Nutrition (per serving)
- 12 g,
- 71 g,
- 9 g,
- 7 g,
- 802 mg.