Originally published in the Today’s Parent May + June 2017 issue. Photo by Roberto Caruso.
Miso-Maple Tofu KebabsBy Chatelaine
Go vegan with these super satisfying skewers. Perfectly marinated tofu, broccoli, zucchini and sweet bell peppers are everyone's friend.
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 20 small broccoli florets
- 2 zucchini , thickly sliced
- 2 sweet peppers , cut into chunks
- 350-g pkg extra-firm tofu , cut into 1-in. cubes
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Preheat barbecue to medium. Soak 10 wooden skewers in water for 20 min.
- In a small bowl, stir maple syrup, miso and vinegar until smooth.
- Thread broccoli, zucchini, pepper and tofu onto skewers. Brush with sesame oil.
- Oil grill. Barbecue skewers, lid closed, turning every 2 min, until grill marks form and vegetables are cooked through, about 8 min. Brush with miso-maple sauce.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 13 g,
- 18 g,
- 9 g,
- 3 g,
- 293 mg.
- Good source of
- Vitamin C