Originally published in the Today’s Parent October 2014 issue.
Hot-Chocolate Pudding GhostsBy Today's Parent
3 cups pudding or 6 ghosts
Delight your little goblins and ghouls with this rich and creamy ghosty treat. It's your mom's classic cornstarch pudding with a twist.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup hot-chocolate powder
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 56 g unsweetened chocolate , (about 2 squares), chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups 35% cream
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 12 mini chocolate chips
- In a large saucepan over medium, combine pudding ingredients. Bring to boil, whisking frequently. Simmer, whisking constantly, until pudding thickens, 1 to 2 min. Scrape into a bowl and apply plastic wrap directly to pudding surface to prevent skin from forming. Refrigerate at least 1 hr.
- Divide pudding among cups.
- In a large bowl, beat cream using an electric mixer on medium-high until soft peaks form, about 2 min. Sprinkle sugar overtop, then continue beating for 1 min. Scrape cream into a piping bag fitted with a large #7 round tip. Pipe swirls on top of pudding. Place chocolate chip “eyes” on whipped cream. Serve immediately.