Originally published in the Today’s Parent Summer 2016 issue. Photo by Roberto Caruso.
Grilled Veggie PizzaBy Chatelaine
Naan makes a speedy pizza base that’s sturdy enough for the grill.
- 1 red onion , thinly sliced into rounds
- 2 tbsp olive oil , divided
- 1/2 bunch asparagus , trimmed and halved
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 plum tomatoes , finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 4 pieces naan
- Preheat barbecue to medium. Brush onion slices with 2 tsp oil. Toss asparagus with 1 tsp oil in a large bowl. Grill vegetables, flipping halfway through, until tender and grill marks form, 3 min per side for onion and 2 min per side for asparagus. Return to same bowl and toss with honey, vinegar and salt.
- Layer naan with tomatoes, cheese, onion and asparagus. Reduce heat to low. Oil grill with remaining 1 tbsp oil. Barbecue pizzas, lid closed, until cheese melts and bottom is golden, 3 to 4 min.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 15 g,
- 61 g,
- 19 g,
- 4 g,
- 558 mg.