Grilled eggplant on coconut rice
Photo: Erik Putz
Make eggplant the star of your next weeknight dinner with this tasty grilled recipe with creamy and fragrant coconut rice.
, (about 650 g each)
, remaining lime cut into wedges
1 1/2 cups
- In a medium sauce pan, combine coconut milk and 13/4 cups water and bring to a boil. Stir in rice, then reduce to low and simmer, covered, until liquid is absorbed, 12 to 15 min.
- Stir soy sauce with oil, curry powder, onion powder, garlic powder and allspice in a large shallow dish. Slice eggplants lengthwise into 1/4-in. slices and dip each slice into the marinade. Set aside.
- Heat barbecue to medium. Arrange eggplant slices on an oiled grill. Barbecue until eggplant slices are tender and grill marks form, 1 to 2 min per side.
- Meanwhile, pour remaining marinade into a small saucepan set over medium-high. Stir in honey, thyme and lime juice. Boil, stirring, for 1 min.
- Stir cilantro into coconut rice. Serve eggplant slices over scoop of rice. Top with sauce, cilantro and lime, if desired.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 10 g,
- 83 g,
- 32 g,
- 6 g,
- 767 mg.
Originally published in the Today’s Parent May/June 2020 issue. Photo by Erik Putz.