Originally published in the Today’s Parent September/October 2018 issue. Photo by Erik Putz.
Greek Pasta Salad with Black BeansBy Chatelaine
Black beans give this tasty pasta salad an extra boost of protein and fibre.
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp red onion , finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic , finely chopped
- 227 g medium shell pasta
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1 cup English cucumber , (about half) seeded and chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1/2 yellow pepper , chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup feta cheese , crumbled
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley , coarsely chopped
- Whisk together olive oil and vinegar. Stir in red onion and garlic. Let stand while pasta is cooking.
- Cook pasta until al dente according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Transfer to a bowl. Add black beans, cucumber, tomatoes and yellow pepper. Drizzle with onion mixture and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Add feta and parsley, and toss until incorporated.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 17 g,
- 61 g,
- 17 g,
- 7 g,
- 845 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin C