Fruit and Nut Energy BarsBy Eshun Mott
Store-bought energy bars are tasty, but can be too expensive to justify as more than an occasional treat. You’ll be amazed at how quick and easy it is to make a sweet, nutty version at home.
- 2 cups chopped pitted medjool dates , (about 18)
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted cashews
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 3 tbsp flax meal , (ground flax)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Combine 2 cups chopped pitted medjool dates (about 18) and 1 cup chopped dried apricots in the bowl of a food processer and pulse until just combined.
- Add 1/2 cup roasted unsalted cashews, 1/2 cup pepitas, 3 tbsp flax meal (ground flax), 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1/8 tsp salt, and pulse until it forms a sticky, textured mixture.
- Line an 8-in. pan with parchment paper. Scrape mixture into pan and flatten into an even layer with your fingers. Refrigerate for 1 hr, or until firm, and cut into squares or bars.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 8 g,
- 3 g,
- 15 g,
- 1 g,
- 206 mg.