Originally published in the Today’s Parent May 2014 issue.
Fresh Pea & Edamame Soup with Mint & FetaBy Eshun Mott
3 adult servings
The edamame in this light and fresh-tasting pea soup gives it a dose of protein.
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups sodium-free chicken broth
- 2 cups fresh or frozen shelled edamame
- 3 cups fresh or frozen green peas
- 1/4 cup chopped mint , divided
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 2 min or until softened.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add edamame and continue to boil for 2 min, then add peas and boil for 1 min longer or until peas and edamame are tender and bright green. Let soup cool slightly, then transfer to a blender (or use an immersion blender) to purée until smooth. Return soup to pot over low heat and season with salt. Serve soup sprinkled with feta and extra fresh mint.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 17 g,
- 27 g,
- 12 g,
- 11 g,
- 612 mg.