Curried Roasted Vegetables
This article has not been rated yet.
This curried roasted vegetables recipe is perfect for Meatless Mondays — or any day of the week!
- 1 796-mL can plum tomatoes , drained, each tomato hand-crushed
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth , chicken broth or vegetable broth, divided
- 3/4 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1 tbsp lemon juice , or lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- In a medium bowl, combine crushed tomatoes and curry powder. Add to remaining pan of hot roasted vegetables and stir to mix. Place pan in the oven and roast 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring 1½ cups stock to a boil. Put whole wheat couscous in a medium saucepan. Pour boiling stock in with couscous, stir once and cover.
- Remove roasted vegetables from the oven, transfer to a large bowl and cover with foil to keep warm.
- To make sauce, heat roasting pan at medium on stovetop. Add 1 cup stock, stirring and scraping up brown bits. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer and cook 10 minutes to reduce by about a half. Add lime juice and salt. Serve vegetables on couscous with sauce, garnished with chopped mint and coriander.