Originally published in the Today’s Parent January/February 2020 issue. Photo by Erik Putz.
Curried butternut squash and cauliflower soupBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
Your winter warm-up just landed.
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 onion , finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 tsp mild curry powder
- 3 cups butternut squash , cubed
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 900-mL carton vegetable broth
- 165-mL can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup pepitas , toasted
- Heat a large pot over medium. Add oil, then onion and garlic. Cook until onion is soft, 3 to 4 min. Sprinkle curry powder over mixture. Cook, stirring, 1 min.
- Add squash, cauliflower and broth. Bring to a boil over high. Simmer until vegetables are very tender, 5 to 7 min.
- Pour soup, in batches, into a blender. Purée until smooth. Divide among bowls.
- Whisk coconut milk in a bowl. Drizzle over soup. Sprinkle with pepitas.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 10 g,
- 25 g,
- 14 g,
- 7 g,
- 912 mg.
- Excellent source of
- Vitamin A