By Eshun Mott
Photo: John Cullen
Serve these classic cream scones with jam and extra whipped cream for the perfect tea party or after-school treat.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl and stir with a fork to blend. Stir in 1 3/4 cups whipping cream, or just enough to bring mixture together into a wet dough.
- Turn dough out onto a light floured surface and pat or roll to about a 1/2 inch thick
- Use a 2″ round cutter to cut out rounds, gathering and re-rolling scraps as needed until you have about 25 rounds. Place about 1-in. apart on a baking sheet, brush the tops lightly with remaining cream, and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 20 min or until tops and golden and scones are baked through.
Originally published in the Today’s Parent April 2014 issue.