Originally published in the Today’s Parent Summer 2016 issue. Photo by Erik Putz.
Corn And Squash SuccotashBy Chatelaine
Edamame gives this dish plenty of protein, but if you want more, grilled sausages go with it perfectly.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion , finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 2 zucchini , finely chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes , finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame , thawed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium. Add oil, then onion and garlic. Cook until onion is soft, 3 to 4 min.
- Add zucchini, tomatoes, corn and edamame. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, until zucchini is tender, 6 to 8 min. Stir in salt, season with fresh pepper and sprinkle with basil.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 6 g,
- 20 g,
- 6 g,
- 5 g,
- 157 mg.