Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Cake
By Eshun Mott
* PLUS Baking time: 25 minutes, Chilling time: 4 hours
This Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Cake is guaranteed to be a showstopper at any party. No one needs to know how easy it is to make!
1 1/2 cups
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of an 8-in. round springform pan with a round of parchment paper.
- Stir brown sugar, egg yolk and butter together in a bowl. Whisk in milk and vanilla and beat until uniform. Add flour, baking powder and salt and stir until all dry ingredients have been absorbed. Stir in chocolate chips. Scrape into prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 min or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Let cool fully in pan, then run the point of a knife around the edge to loosen. Remove from pan, peel off parchment paper and return cookie to pan.
- Spread cookie with an even layer of ice cream.
- Beat whipped cream and sugar with an electric mixer to soft peaks. Spread over ice cream layer. Freeze at least 4 hrs or overnight until completely firm.
- Cut into pieces and serve.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 6 g,
- 45 g,
- 32 g,
- 1 g,
- 151 mg.
Have a large glass of hot water on hand to dip knife into to help cut this cake cleanly.