Originally published in the Today’s Parent Summer 2016 issue. Photo by Erik Putz.
Cold Sesame Soba NoodlesBy Chatelaine
Kick this dish up a notch by adding grilled shrimp or leftover shredded chicken or beef.
- 270 g dry soba noodles , (about 3 bundles)
- 2 small zucchini , spirallized or grated
- 1 170-g pkg snow peas , trimmed and sliced legthwise into strips
- 1 red sweet pepper , cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 4 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp chopped mint , or basil
- Cook noodles in a large pot of boiling water, following package directions but omitting salt, until tender, about 4 min. During the last minute of cooking, add zucchini, snow peas and red pepper. Rinse well under cold running water, then drain very well.
- Whisk teriyaki sauce with vinegar, sugar, sesame oil, ginger and garlic in a large bowl. Add noodle mixture. Sir until well coated. Serve at room temperature with a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds and mint.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 15 g,
- 64 g,
- 4 g,
- 5 g,
- 833 mg.