Coconut Chickpea CurryBy Today's Parent
This easy coconut chickpea curry is flavourful without being spicy, but you can also stir plain yogurt into cooked portions to make it really mild.
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 4 tsp Madras curry paste
- 2 cups canned tomatoes , (from a drained 796-mL can), mashed
- 1 400-mL can light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cups diced sweet potatoes , (about 3/4-in. dice)
- 3 cups Not-Canned Chickpeas
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander
- Heat canola oil in a wide pot over medium. Add onion and sauté for 4 min or until so! ened. Add ginger, garlic and curry paste, and sauté for 1 min longer. Add tomatoes, coconut milk and water, and bring to a boil.
- Add sweet potatoes, turn heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 min or until sweet potatoes are tender but not soft.
- Add chickpeas and zucchini, and simmer for 15 min longer or until zucchini is soft. Season with salt and sprinkle with chopped coriander. Serve over rice or with a side of toasted naan.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 8 g,
- 39 g,
- 12 g,
- 6 g,
- 618 mg.