Cheesy Potato Nests
This article has not been rated yet.
Find me a kid who can resist these tasty parcels! Grate the Yukon Golds with their skins on for flavour and nutrition.
- 2 medium organic Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar , Monterey jack or Gruyère
- 3 green onions , minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Fill a large bowl halfway with water. Grate scrubbed potatoes, placing grated pieces into the water as you work. In a large sieve, drain potatoes, pressing to release as much water as possible. Lay out a clean tea towel; spread potatoes in a single layer, then roll up and squeeze out extra moisture.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, cheese, green onions, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix.
- On a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet, spoon out one-sixth of the mixture to create a nest. Repeat 5 times.
- Bake on the middle rack for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.