Cheddar Whipped Potatoes
This article has not been rated yet.
Is there a kid who doesn't love creamy mashed potatoes? Try this version of cheddar whipped potatoes.
- 4 cups cubed, peeled potatoes , (about 6 medium)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded orange cheddar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 or 4 garlic cloves , (optional), peeled
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water to cover (or place in a steamer basket and steam over boiling water) until perfectly tender and mashable, 15 to 20 minutes. Meanwhile heat the milk until very hot but not boiling.
- When the potatoes are done, drain thoroughly and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add about half of the hot milk, the shredded cheese and salt and stir to combine. Let sit for about 30 seconds – just until the cheese is melted.
- With an electric mixer, whip the potatoes until perfectly smooth (no lumps) and fluffy, adding as much of the remaining milk as possible to make the mashed potatoes creamy and with no bits of cheese showing. Serve immediately.
- Add 3 or 4 peeled garlic cloves to the potatoes while they’re cooking. Then mash all together. They’ll disappear, but in a very delicious way.