Originally published in the Today’s Parent August 2014 issue.
Cashew HummusBy Eshun Mott
Replacing traditional sesame tahini with roasted cashews adds great flavour to this hummus.
- 1 540-mL can chickpeas , drained and rinsed well
- 1/2 cup roasted, unsalted cashews
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3-4 tsp water
- Combine chickpeas with cashews, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, cumin and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Purée until well combined.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and continue blending, adding water gradually until hummus is the texture you like.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 8 g,
- 23 g,
- 23 g,
- 5 g,
- 310 mg.