Phyllo is deceivingly impressive but a snap to throw together - making this vegetarian main course great for guests or a casual weeknight meal. Don't throw away leftover thawed phyllo; wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refreeze until you need to use it again.
- 1 head broccoli , cut into tiny florets
- 1 roasted red sweet pepper , chopped, or 1/2 cup jarred roasted red pepper, drained and chopped
- 1 130 g log goat cheese , crumbled
- 1/2 cup whole almonds , chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped mint , optional
- 3 sheets pyllo pastry , defrosted
- 2-4 tbsp butter , melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). In a large bowl, stir together broccoli florets, red pepper, cheese, almonds and mint.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or oil generously. Spread 1 sheet of phyllo atop baking sheet. Lightly brush with butter. Layer a second sheet overtop, brush with butter and repeat. Spread out broccoli mixture in the shape of a log, lengthwise in the centre of the phyllo. Pull long ends of each side of phyllo together, fold and crimp together. Then fold under short ends of log. Brush with remaining butter.
- Bake in centre of preheated oven until golden, 20-25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Serve alongside a garden salad.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 10 g,
- 15 g,
- 17 g,
- 3 g,