Watch our video to see how the kids can help make these tasty Breakfast Cups:
Breakfast CupsBy Kristen Eppich
12 breakfast cups
Don't let the name fool you, these pint-sized snacks are perfect for breakfast, lunch, snack time or dinner.
- 1 lb yellow-flesh potatoes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch black pepper
- cooking spray
- 12 large muffin tin liners
- scrambled eggs
- cheese , shredded
- sour cream
- green onions
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. Spray the inside of each liner thoroughly with cooking spray (preferably olive oil spray).
- Wash potatoes. Peel if desired but not necessary. Grate into a large bowl. Take handfuls of potatoes and squeeze, discarding excess liquid. Stir salt and pepper into potatoes.
- Scoop 1/3 cup grated potato into each liner. Gently press up the sides of the liners, forming a nest.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until cooked through and golden. Remove from oven. Fill with favourite breakfast toppings.