- 4 servings
Baked Cheese Omelette
This article has not been rated yet.
OK, so this baked cheese omelette isn't exactly a classic omelette, but it's easy and good and it's made with a bunch of eggs, so give it a try!
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar , (or whatever cheese you like)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a 10 in. (25 cm) deep-dish pie pan.
- In a blender (or in a large mixing bowl), combine the eggs, milk, flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. If you’re using the blender, blend mixture just until smooth. If you’re using a mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients until smooth (or beat with an electric mixer). Stir in the shredded cheese (don’t blend). Pour into the prepared pie pan. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until puffed and golden, and a knife stuck into the centre of the mixture comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, cut into wedges and serve immediately. It will collapse, but that’s just part of the charm.