Almost Instant Tomato Sauce
This article has not been rated yet.
2 1/2 cups
Use this incredibly easy tomato sauce as a base for your own creations. Add extra veggies, meatballs or spices, or use it just the way it is on pizza or pasta.
- 2 tbsp olive oil , or vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves , squished
- 1 796-mL can ground tomatoes , (or crushed tomatoes)
- 1 tsp dried oregano , crumbled
- 1 tsp dried basil , crumbled
- Combine the oil and garlic in a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat until the garlic is softened—about 2 minutes. Add the crushed tomatoes, oregano and basil. Cover and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Uncover the saucepan, lower the heat and simmer the sauce for about 30 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper.