Originally published in the Today’s Parent July 2014 issue.
Watermelon and Cucumber SaladBy Eshun Mott
4 adult servings
Fruit and veggies are in the same food group for a reason! Don't be afraid to add fruit to your dinner menu for variety.
- 4 cups watermelon chunks
- 1 cucumber , peeled, seeded and sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped toasted pistachios
- 1 tbsp chopped mint
- Combine watermelon and cucumber in a serving bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and toss gently to combine.
- Sprinkle with pistachios and mint.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 2 g,
- 14 g,
- 5 g,
- 1 g,
- 3 mg.