Originally published in the Today’s Parent July 2014 issue.
Summery Bean SaladBy Eshun Mott
4 adult servings
This gluten-free, vegan and healthy bean salad is great for dinner, packed lunches and picnics.
- 1 cup canned black beans , rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen lima beans , blanched
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 cup sliced yellow sweet pepper
- 1 small avocado , sliced
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 cups mixed baby salad greens
- Combine black beans and lima beans in a bowl. Add olive oil, lime juice, salt, pepper, cumin and sugar, and toss to combine.
- Add yellow pepper, avocado and parsley, and toss gently to combine. Spoon overtop of greens.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 7 g,
- 23 g,
- 12 g,
- 8 g,
- 328 mg.