Photos, videos and recipe rights, courtesy of Ontario Turkey. © Copyright 2018 Turkey Farmers of Ontario. All Rights Reserved.
Turkey Sweet Potato BurritoBy Ontario Turkey
This spicy and flavourful burrito is perfect to take with you for a dinner on the run or enjoy it for lunch the next day.
- 8 oz lean ground Ontario Turkey
- 1 sweet potato , peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 Thai chili pepper , sliced
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 large whole wheat tortillas
- In a large skillet, bring sweet potato and broth to simmer. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Uncover and stir in Turkey, ginger, garlic and pepper. Cook, stirring gently for 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Whisk together cornstarch and soy sauce. Stir into skillet along with cilantro and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Divide mixture among centre of tortillas and fold over sides and roll up.
- Place on greased grill over medium high heat and grill for about 4 minutes, turning once or until browned and crispy.
This recipe easily doubles for a larger family.
Need dinner on-the-go? Simply wrap the burritos before grilling and keep in the refrigerator ready to pop into a microwave when you need them.