Photos, videos and recipe rights, courtesy of Ontario Turkey. © Copyright 2018 Turkey Farmers of Ontario. All Rights Reserved.
Turkey Spring CarbonaraBy Ontario Turkey
This article has not been rated yet.
This recipe takes a spin on a classic carbonara by adding extra lean Turkey and asparagus to celebrate spring.
- 8 oz extra lean, ground Ontario Turkey
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 2 white and light green part only leeks , thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper flakes
- 2 cups fresh asparagus asparagus , chopped
- 1/2 cup Turkey or Vegetable Broth
- 8 oz Tagliatelle Pasta
- 2 eggs , lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese , freshly grated
- Pinch each Freshly ground black pepper and salt
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese , (optional)
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat and cook leeks and garlic for 4 minutes or until softened. Add Turkey, thyme and hot pepper flakes; cook for about 5 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
- Add asparagus and broth; cover and cook for about 5 minutes or until asparagus is tender crisp.
- Meanwhile in large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta for about 8 minutes or until tender but firm. Drain well and return to pot over low heat.
- In small bowl, whisk together eggs, cheese and pepper. Pour into pasta and stir to coat well. Add Turkey mixture and stir to combine. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 27 g,
- 51 g,
- 14 g,
- 5 g,
- 314 mg.