Photos, videos and recipe rights, courtesy of Ontario Turkey. © Copyright 2018 Turkey Farmers of Ontario. All Rights Reserved.
Turkey Sausage and Grilled Vegetable PenneBy Ontario Turkey
- 4 Ontario Turkey sausages , grilled and thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup red onion , grilled and coarsely chopped
- ½ cup red pepper , grilled and coarsely chopped
- ½ cup asparagus , grilled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes , sliced in half
- 3 garlic cloves , finely diced
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh basil , coarsely chopped
- 6 cups cooked penne pasta
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup coarsely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- In a medium saucepan add the olive oil, Turkey sausage, grilled onions, grilled peppers, grilled asparagus, cherry tomatoes, and garlic.
- Sauté gently until the mixture is hot and the flavours have married. Add the balsamic vinegar and 3 tbsp of the basil.
- Add the cooked pasta to the hot mixture. Adjust the seasoning.
- Place in a large serving dish. Top with the grated Parmesan cheese and the remainder of the basil.